Site Médecins du Monde
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
Kenya is facing a generalized HIV epidemic with a national average prevalence of 6.3% and 7% in its capital Nairobi. MdM started a comprehensive program in Nairobi in May 2013, focusing on the slum areas and the more remote locations of Dagoretti County.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the program coordinator you are in charge of running MdM Harm Reduction program in Nairobi. This program focuses on the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS and hepatitis through the implementation of a broader multidisciplinary framework of intervention while advocating for a long term and sustasustainable harm reduction approach for Kenya.
More in details:
Management, monitoring and reporting
– You monitor and evaluate the overall program implementation, including data management and analysis with the technical support of the medical coordinator
– You supervise the program activities: outreach work and DIC (Drug Injection Center) activities
– You supervise all necessary internal and external reporting for the Kenyan program
Team coordination and security
– Under the direct management of the general coordinator you manage the Harm Reduction team and you collaborate with the coordination team as well as the Nairobi office team
– You collaborate with HQ technical referent to determine and adapt the Harm Recuction program’s strategy
– You supervise the Harm Reduction program by daily security follow-up, attendance of security briefings, analysis of security risks, reporting and monitoring incidents etc…
– You are responsible for the application, compliance and regular updating of the program security plan
Management of human resources
– You develop the team’s skills by working on training needs
– You recruit, brief, supervise and perform evaluations of national staff when needed
Finance and logistic
– You ensure financial, administrative supervision of the Harm Reduction project in close collaboration with the administrative coordinator and the Nairobi office team
– You ensure logistic supervision of the HR project in close collaboration with the administrative coordinator and the logistic officer
– In close coordination with the general coordinator you represent MdM-F to Kenyan authorities when required (on the behalf of the general coordinator)
– You ensure representation functions towards partners and national authorities
Donor and fundraising
– You take lead in Harm Reduction program proposal writing and budget preparation of the program
– You compile to donor contracts and reporting
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: 15/05/2017.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master Degree in Humanitarian / Development / Social or political sciences, or Public Health
Experience in the field of Harm Reduction or HIV is essential
Experience of project management is compulsory
Experience of team management is essential
Experience in negotiations and relations with local partners and authorities in a difficult legal, administrative and political context is essential
Experience in community based programming and on capacity building of local organizations is an asset
Good management and communication qualities
Skills in designing and writing proposals and reports
Capacity to design and animate adults training and sensitization is an added value
Capacity to work in a difficult security environment
Ability to work on own initiative; self-motivated and able to motivate others
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Good diplomatic skills
English: fluent (verbal and written)
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : http://www.medecinsdumonde.org/fr/recrutement/offres/2017/03/02/harm-reduction-program-coordinator-mf →